Would you buy a new car and never change the oil and filters?
Of course not! Why?
Everyone knows you’re just asking for trouble.
Then doesn’t it make sense that you treat your new air conditioning system with the same care?
Why do I need to maintain my air conditioning unit?
Yearly maintenance will help prolong the life of your cooling system as well as insures that your equipment is working at it’s optimum efficiency. This will help save you money every month on your utility bills. A lot of major repairs are a result of lack of maintenance on equipment. Taking care of your cooling system can help avoid costly repair bills in the future.
How often should i have my central air conditioning cleaned and checked?
Manufacturers recommend a yearly inspection and cleaning. Most manufacturers require this to maintain your factory warranty. We have a membership program that takes care of this.
What is included in a membership inspection and cleaning?
Wise Heating & Cooling Inc. will provide qualified technicians to inspect your air conditioning equipment for proper operation, to insure that it is operating per original design specifications. Wise Heating & Cooling Inc. will report any deficiencies. All scheduled maintenance inspections and cleanings will be performed during normal business hours form 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday, unless otherwise agreed upon in advance.
- Check blower alignment
- Check blower and motor
- Measure air flow & static pressure
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coils
- Check for duct leakage
- Check amps and voltages
- Clean evaporator coil
- Check controls operation
- Inspect wiring and connections
- Check thermostat
- Check refrigerant charge if necessary
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Check operation cycle
A membership program:
- satisfies factory warranty requirements
- gives you a 15% discount on any service calls you may have during the year
- You also receive priority over non-membership customers calling in for a service call
- keeps equipment running at peak performance
What can you do to help?
- Keep the area around your outside condenser clear of debris and weeds. It needs good air circulation in order to work properly.
- Try to avoid throwing grass onto the condenser while mowing. It builds up inside and can cause the unit not to work properly.
- Be very careful when operating a mower or weed whipper that you don’t get to close to cause damage to the wiring or piping.
- Do not cover your outside condenser with an air tight covering. The unit must have air to operate.
- Do not build a permanent covering around the condenser. Technicians need to be able to access unit for a service call or future cleaning.
- Check your air filter, and clean it before it’s dirty. A dirty filter can cause inadequate air flow, resulting in coils freezing up and the air conditioner shutting down.
Call Wise Heating & Cooling Inc. today and ask about a membership. We are happy to help you.
We are in the office to answer any questions you may have from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday. We have an after-hours and weekend 24 hour answering service available. Your call will be connected to a technician for you to speak with so we can help you.